Most of us are now starting our third month of lockdown and so to help you stave off the hunger here is a vegan oat cookie recipe that is quick and easy for you to make. Whilst it is unlikely that things are going back to “normal” anytime soon with this vegan oat cookie recipe you can at least ensure that you’ve some healthy snacks to indulge on – they are also approved by kids!
Healthy Vegan Oat Cookie Recipe – To Flatten The Curve
One of the biggest challenges we’re all facing is keeping healthy and productive while working from home and, in many cases, juggling homeschooling. Here’s 3 things we’ve learned since lockdown started:
- Flatten, DON’T FATTEN, the curve: It’s a lot harder to stay away from the biscuit tin when it’s two metres away from you. View snacks as an opportunity to increase your nutrient intake throughout the day. Nuts and seeds are a great alternative to reaching for sugary snacks. The high protein and fibre content mean they will help reduce hunger and cravings and the vitamin E, potassium and magnesium will boost your nutrient intake.
- Mighty Oat’s: Oats are low cost and a brilliant source of fibre and essential nutrients. They’re low in saturated fats and cholesterol with none of the added junk found in lots of breakfast cereals. We use them for porridge, apple crumble, granola… and most recently for making these great vegan oat cookies. Add your favourite nuts, seeds and dried fruit or keep them simple. Four steps and you’re done (they’re great fun and easy for for kids as you can see from our video!)
- Vegan Oat Cookies: are delicious and easy to make, see below!
How To Make Vegan Oat Cookies
- Heat the oven to 180. Mix 100g of wholewheat flour, 100g of oats and 50g of sugar. Pop in a pinch of salt and half a teaspoon of bicarb of soda
- Melt 150g of coconut oil together with two tablespoons of Golden or Maple Syrup
- Pour the melted coconut oil into the dry ingredients. Throw in a handful of your favorite seeds (I use flax, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds)
- Using your hands, roll and flatten into biscuit shapes and cook in the oven for 15 mins
Vegan Oat Cookie Recipe Video
If you want to see the steps on how to make these healthy snack then check out the video below.
Get Your Bake On!
Try this vegan oat cookie recipe and let us know how you get on. And, if you’d like to add a twist our family are big fans of sprinkling in some cranberry, goji and seed mix for an extra burst of healthy flavour. If you’ve any questions about the recipe comment below or contact us and stay tuned for more recipes!